Friday, September 18, 2015


Where are we going? Who knows? That’s what makes the journey so exciting.

I don’t understand people who give it up because they fail once or twice. Every successful person has failed. And as long as you are still living on this earth, you still have the opportunity to make your journey a better, more satisfying experience.

I have changed careers five times in my life. I achieved a modicum of success in each, but I also failed at times in each. If you are fortunate enough to have good health, you have new opportunities at every stage of life. You may have to replace energy with experience, but there is a place where you can be a positive influence on the world around you.

I am turning 72 in a few days. I am at another one of those stages in life where I need to renew my purpose. I don’t know how long this stage will last, but I know if I do nothing, I will wither away. Once you have cancer, even if it seems under control, you never again have the same feeling of being in control of your life. But it also sends a message about how precious is your time on this planet. It is a time to make those days as valuable and useful as possible.

For those at younger crossroads in their lives, the options are much greater. The choice is yours as to where you go and what you do.  Suck it up and find something in life that makes you happy and takes full advantage of the opportunity to live on this beautiful planet.

Everyone finds their path in a different way. We may search in different places, walk in different shoes. The important thing is that even if you get lost along the way, a path is still there, and you can find it again if you are willing to work at it.

A Gospel Song (Daydreams, Snap Screen Press, 2004) is just one way to find a road that will help make life’s journey a rewarding trip.

Good luck to all of you in your travels on this Earth.

Glenn K. Currie

                        A Gospel Song


I chose a path, then lost my way,
Each turn another wasted day,
The woods were dark and cold and deep,
My spirit numb, my mind asleep.

The forest filled with empty souls,
Its young too quickly growing old,
Decaying life defined the scene,
A jungle, home to broken dreams.

I searched to find another road,
Through dark despair and storms I strode,
But all the signs were pointing down,
The only exits under ground.

Then suddenly a light broke through,
What source it was, I never knew,
And far away, across the pines,
I heard a church bells distant chimes.

A path emerged, that cleansed my soul,
It led me home and made me whole,
The road so hidden in the night,
Was wide and gleaming in the light.



No comments:

Post a Comment